Jordan and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary on August 8th. (Sorry about the picture quality...I don't know what I am doing when it comes to the scanner!) In honor of our special day, I thought it would be fun to look back at all the craziness that was wrapped up in it. As well as how it all began.

How Cute are we??? And skinny, but oh well!
Jordan and I met when I was a junior in High School. He had just graduated from Canyon Del Oro High School in Tucson, Arizona and moved here to go to school at UVSC. He decided to drive up here to work at Hometown Buffet because he had worked with a manager that had moved here from AZ. (I hope that makes sense!) A couple of my friends and I decided to go work there because a guy I liked was working there, too! (He quit right after I started there, but oh well!) The first day I saw Jordan, I ran over to tell Melinda about the "new guy" and how totally hot he was! He knew it too because he dated just about every girl that worked there before we started dating. He says that is because he knew once he dated me that it was over for him, but I say no way!! Anyway, we dated for about two years before we got engaged.
This was our announcement photo.
March 1998: Jordan told me he had to go to Arches National Park to do a project for school and he asked me to come along. It was during spring break so we made a day of it. On the way there, Jordan got pulled over for speeding but the cop was nice and let him off with a warning. But not before telling him how much $ the ticket would have cost and that he should spend that much $ on me since he wasn't going to be paying a ticket. Jordan laughed about that later because he was planning on asking me to marry him, so he figured the ring covered that cost! We got to the park and after we shut the door to the car, Jordan realized that he had locked the keys in the car, the ring was in there AND he had no spare key. We tried for a while to get it open and we finally did. I don't remember how long it took, but it seemed like forever. We did a few hikes, ate lunch and he took lots of pictures for his project. We started heading home and he decided that we needed to go on one more hike. I wasn't very thrilled and it took a lot of convincing for me to go with him and not just stay in the car. During the hike, he turned to me, told me how much he loved me, got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. I was thrilled!!

Wedding pic!
Wedding day: Our temple ceremony was scheduled for 7:20 AM on August 8, 1998. No, I am not really a morning person, but it was the ONLY reasonable time that we could get for our big group!! We got there on time and actually walked in together. When we walked in, Jordan realized that he had left our marriage licence in the hotel room!! Of course, most of his family was already on the way, so they couldn't bring it with them. But his best friend, Pehr, was still at the hotel so they called him and asked him to bring it. The hotel was near the E-center in West Valley and he had to just come downtown so they thought it would be simple. BUT this was during all the construction mess getting the roads ready for the Olympics so there were road closures and all that other fun stuff. Poor Pehr got lost. (What do you expect when he is from AZ, has no idea about roads or addresses here and then top it off with major road construction!) I swear we were waiting in the temple for 45 minutes before he got there! It was a little stressful and I felt bad for all the people that had gotten up at the crack of dawn just to sit and wait!! Plus I just kept thinking about poor Pehr being lost and knowing we were waiting for him. We were lucky he was there, otherwise we would have had to send my Dad or Jordan's Dad to go get it and they were stressed enough as it was. My Dad told me later that he and Jordan's Dad stood on the corner by the temple waiting so they could run the licence in. NOW, it makes me laugh, not so much then! Once we got the licence, all was well and that part went well!

This is Jordan's best friend, Pehr. Poor guy! I hope he had a good time, because it meant the world to us that he was there! I don't know what he was thinking or doing in this picture!
Later that afternoon, we went to the reception in my neighbor's backyard! It was beautiful, my flowers were beautiful and the skies were SCARY!! It looked like it could totally downpour on us at any minute. In fact, we were about ready to move to the church right before the reception started, but the weather decided to cooperate!! It was awesome!
I am so lucky! On that day, I could have never thought that I could love Jordan any more than I already did, but I love him more every day. He makes me laugh, he's a great dad, he helps me out when I need it, he takes care of me and the kids both financially and physically, he is a priesthood holder. I could go on and on, but then this would never end!! I love you Jordan and look forward to the next 50 years!!
10 comments:
Congrats!
You guys are the cutest!
Yea! Congrats on 10 years. You guys look so different in those pictures. Its fun to look back. But also to look forward to what is ahead.
Ahhhh! How sweet!
Happy anniversary you two!
I can't believe you have been married for 10 years! That is awesome! I never really knew how you guys met either. You guys are cute- CONGRATS!
You guys are so cute! We love you!
congrats! It's fun to think back to those days. We all knew you'd be the first to marry once you started dating Jordan. You guys were meant for each other!!
I agree, Melinda, we are meant for each other!!
Congrats again on 10 years - WOW!
Holy cow! What a flashback about the wedding day - SO FUNNY!!! And...that was before cell phones and GPS. Geez, what did we do before cell phones and GPS?!?! LOL! That pic of Pehr is hilarious! I have no clue what he's doing either. So funny!
I still remember your reception. It was beautiful. Happy Anniversary!!!
Post a Comment