Monday, September 24, 2007

More fun at the Zoo

Last week, Tanner, Katie and I went to the zoo with Kim, her kids, Jenny and Beckham. We had such a good time. It was a beautiful day, 80 with a light breeze. Sure beats 100 and sunny!!! The kids made sure that we didn't miss one little thing. They had fun running around and taking pictures. A couple funny stories:
1) When we were looking at the monkeys, Jackson turned to me with a disgusted look on his face and said, "Over there smells like my farts!" I just started laughing! He's crazy!

2) We went in to see the great apes and found the baby chimpanzee. He was cracking us up. The kids just sat at giggled at him. I pushed Katie, who was it the stroller, up closer to the glass so she could see better. A few seconds later, the chimp looked at her and came right up to the glass. It was almost like he was thinking, "wow one of them is as big as me!". As soon as he got there, Katie jumped. He didn't even come up quickly, I didn't think it would scare her. But after she jumped she started screaming! Everyone around us laughed, but I felt bad. Apparently, so did the chimp. He walked away from the window looking a little down. Poor thing, he was just coming to say Hi!


3) On the way out, the kids went over to see the statue of the Apes. Jenny and I were up closer to the kids while Kim was behind us trying to get Taylor to come. We heard the boys talking about the statue and then we heard Jackson say, "This is a mommy gorilla, because it has big boobies!!" Jenny and I were dying! My eyes were watering, I was laughing so hard! Kim saw us laughing and asked us what Jackson said. (Obviously she knows him too well) So we told her. We all had a good laugh!

What cute kiddo's. Beckham obviously didn't want to stand next to them, he had to be a few feet ahead.

I think Tanner is "fishing" and who knows what Trevon is doing.


This picture was meant to show what happened to Tanner the day before. Jordan was out mowing the lawn with Tanner and Katie while I took Madison to dance. When I walked in the door, Katie looked sad so I asked her what was wrong. Jordan said she probably felt bad for her brother. I looked on the couch and Tanner was lying there with an ice pack on his eye. I asked him what happened, but he wouldn't tell me. Jordan said Tanner was trying to beat Katie to the ball and running full speed while looking back to see where she was. Then he turned and BANG!! He had ran into the bar of the trampoline. Jordan thought he had broken his nose, but it hit from the top inside corner of his nose, to the lower outside part of his eye. I swear this kid wants to be hurt all the time! We will be in the emergency room a lot!!!

Jackson and Trevon wanted to sit UNDER the giant Elephant.

Climbing the Rino

All the times I have been to the zoo, this is the first time I have seen the Tiger awake!

Sitting on the Tigers. Beckham would only stand this close and Katie was too distracted by the Cheese-it's in Kim's stroller.

Tanner standing by the leopard.

Katie was SCARED of him. This is the closest she got.

The little ones looking at a cat.


Beckham walking away too fast so I can't get a good photo.

Katie after the Chimpanzee incident!

The famous gorilla statue.

1 comments:

Cassie said...

CUTE pictures! I love zoo days! I wish I could have been there for Jackson's commentary, that's hilarious!