Monday, February 11, 2008

Junior Jazz

This year we decided to put Tanner on an older team for Junior Jazz. He played on the 1-2nd grade team even though he is not even in Kindergarten yet. I thought he did remarkably well. I think he scored in every game but 2. I would say that's good! He consistently got better at handling the ball. In fact, in their last game they played a bunch of Tongan/Samoan kids. You know what that means, right?? Yep, they were all HUGE! And they were pretty good. The final score was 30-4. We lost BIG! But Tanner scored all 4 of our points and he dribbled the ball down the court and didn't stop. He looked like he knew what he was doing. I was so proud of him. His second basket that he scored was because Trevon set an awesome pick and Tanner was able to go to the hoop without a kid that is almost twice his size in front of him. Thanks Trev!!! Tanner had such a great time playing even though they lost every game but 1. Now that it's over, I guess now it's time for t-ball again!

The only decent picture I got "during" a game. I get too into the game, I know it's a SHOCK!


Getting treats and a trophy from Coach Allfrey


Cheesy Jackson


Tanner with his trophy.

0 comments: