Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Stupid snow....

OK, well maybe it's not the snow's fault. I could be suffering from "Mommy brain". I went to Sam's Club today after I picked Tanner up from school so I could get some milk and laundry soap. When I pulled into the driveway, I noticed that a plow had gone by and blocked the driveway so the almost 2 hrs of shoveling that I did seemed no good. (Maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but still my back is killing me) So I got the kids out of the car and decided to clean up the driveway. It didn't take very long, but the kids were starving by the time I got done since it was after 1pm. I went in and fixed lunch. Then I got busy doing other things. Fast forward to about 6 tonight. I was getting the kids dinner and I told them I would get them something to drink, just start eating so we can take Madison to dance at 6:15. That's when it hit me, I forgot to bring the milk and other stuff in that we bought at Sam's Club. I ran outside, as if hurrying would help, to see if it was cold enough. (Maybe winter isn't so bad, after all) It was, thank heaven. I swear, I am lucky if I don't forget a kid... :)

3 comments:

Becky and Bryce said...

so true so true. Darn plows!!! I love that you forget things too ;)

Katie said...

That is so funny.... I'm so sick of the snow... I'm thinking of just hiding out in my apartment and never coming out until it's gone!!!!

Aubrey said...

That was funny, thanks for sharing. I also love that you forget things too. I have "mommy Brain" all the time. :)