Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Holy Spider!

A couple Saturdays ago, Jordan was getting the tile from the garage and when he opened the garage he saw this huge spider. He tried to catch it, but it ran and hid behind a piece of wood in the garage. He eventually found it, but killed it instead. Can you say ick??? That is a quarter next to it so you can tell how huge it is. It gives me the creeps. Then the other day my parents found a huge wierd looking bug in their yard. They eventually found out that it was a Jerusalem Cricket. I'm telling you, this thing was huge. I think we live in mutant insect land!!

I'm glad Jordan found this and not me!!


This pic of the Jerusalem cricket is from the internet, I didn't get one from my dad. It was the size of like those fun size snickers bars that you give out on Halloween. It gives me the chills.

7 comments:

Aubrey said...

Oh my goodness, dont tell me those things are around here. Both of those are huge. I need to get Brandon to spray again.

Ali said...

EWWWWWW!

Becky and Bryce said...

That's disgusting!!! We seriously get those huge spiders here too. The kids love them cause they think it's a tarantula!!! We got a weird looking bug, Bryce think it was a cockroach. I'm gonna have Renee look at it cause she had those on her mission. SICK, it was in my dryer dead after it went through a cycle!!!!

Cassie said...

Can you say tarantula? Is that what is was? SCARY! ICK! Holy crap I would have peed if I saw that.

PartyOfFour said...

OK Yuck.

Kaarina said...

Ewe, gross! Seriously, I can't believe you were brave enough to take pictures!

Monica said...

Big bugs seriously freak me out...I would die if I found a spider that big!