Wednesday morning we all slept in (almost missing breakfast at the hotel) and then got ready to go to the beach. We ate lunch before so we didn't have any sand in our food. I hate sand, it is so tough to clean up! I was really glad that we were at a hotel so I didn't have to worry about that. The Allfreys brought 3 boogie boards and we searched all over Anaheim to find some buckets. We never were able to find any shovels so we bought kitchen utensils instead, they worked! Madison and Trevon were immediately in the water trying out the boards. They got the hang of it pretty quickly. I think Madison rode the first wave she tried! We were all watching the kids in the water when Jordan took off into the water. He was wearing a speedo!! Yes, that's right, he did what he has been threatening to do for months! I was shocked because I had no idea that he was able to find one. Brian was supposed to wear one, too, but he says that he couldn't find one in his size. We were all laughing SO hard. I warned him that if he did it, there would be pictures and they would be on my blog and in emails to his entire family! He wore it for a while until I talked him into putting his suit back on! It was crazy! My husband is nuts! After the speedo, the guys convinced Kim and I to get in the water and try the boogie boards. I have been to the beach several times, but I don't usually get in the water above my waist. The waves were huge, so it made me a little nervous. But Kim and I decided to be brave and got in. I am so glad. It was so much fun! Sure, I swallowed a LOT of sea water and got some up my nose! AND I had sand EVERYWHERE!!! But I rode a few waves, so it was worth it! Kim and I rode one in together and then ran into each other at the shore. Then I rode one into the shore and Kim comes running over and I think she's telling me that there is a huge wave coming, but NO, she is saying Brian. Yep, he ran me over. I didn't get hurt, in fact, I didn't feel a thing. But Kim came over to see if I was OK (while I was laughing my butt off) and she trips over me and the cord to her board wraps around my neck! I wish I would have had a video camera because we could make some money off of that! Seriously, I don't think I have laughed that hard in a while! Brian even broke his board. I felt bad, but it still worked! The kids had fun being buried in the sand (more sand to wash off, yuck! I don't know if this is TMI, but we had SO much sand in our suits we could have filled up a bucket!) and building sand castles. Katie was just content to roll around in the sand and look for seashells. I wish we would have had one more day in California so that we could got to the beach again! It was too much fun!
The kids were not afraid, the got right in.
Katie and Tanner
Running into the water in the speedo, nuts!!
Can you say "Sports Illustrated: Swimsuit Edition"? Nuts!!
Oh yeah, did I say NUTS!!
Katie a little shocked when the wave came! The water was pretty cold!
Madison after wiping out on the board.
Katie and Taylor making castles
Jackson and Tanner's cool castle, or village, I don't remember which.
Buried Trevon
Katie rolling around
Nice face! Sand in the mouth and up the nose, nice!
Trevon covered in sand.
That's Madison riding the wave! She was a pro. Next time we will have to look into surf lessons! That would be awesome!
Tanner and Jackson buried




7 comments:
After looking over the post I realized that "nuts" maybe wasn't the best choice of words when referring to the speedo. Oh well!
Wow, that Jordan is pretty hot stuff in a speedo. Such a bummer that his partner in crime didn't have one. Love the poses, that's awesome.
THAT WAS SO FUNNY! What a blessing to have so much laughter in your family!
Wow, a whole new side of Jordan I don't know if I wanted to see ;) That's hilareous, we should never get him and Bryce together, very bad things would happen!!! Looks like you all had such a wonderful time!
Oh wow I am laughing so hard right now!!!! He totally should've worn that speedo at Flaming Gorge! HAHAHAHAH That's awesome... and I love the beach and also hate the sand... I have issues with getting so sandy... but it is worth it!
Oh my gosh! That is fantastic! Jordan in a speedo, wow. Jen, you are a lucky girl!
Katie told me about this post forever ago and I'm finally getting around to looking at it :) I love that you used the word 'nuts' hehe I thought you did it on purpose!
Post a Comment