Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Tanner's first day

Yesterday, Tanner started Kindergarten. He has been so excited for months. Monday night, he laid out his clothes and in the morning he was dressed and ready even though he doesn't go until the afternoon. There were no tears shed...by him. So it was good. He rode the bus and I followed him over to the school so I could see him go to class. He walked right in. I, on the other hand, was fine up until that point and then I started to lose it. Luckily, it didn't last and I had my sunglasses on so nobody knew!! Katie wasn't very happy either. She said she was going to go to school, too. I guess I really am boring. It's great for me because she has a nap and Tanner is at school, so I can get lots of stuff done(hopefully)!

I miss Tanner, too. Now I have lost both of my helpers! I guess it's time to train Katie!! Good luck! :)


Katie had to be in the picture
So handsome
Getting on the bus
Waiting in line to go in the classroom (this is where I got teary!)

10 comments:

Becky and Bryce said...

So BIG!!! Can't believe he started already. What are you to do? Who's his teacher?

Kellie Glade said...

What a cute boy you have! I don't know what I'm going to do once Raegan is even ready for preschool.

Renee said...

NO WAY! Is Tanner really in Kindergarten? Holy cow... Where does the time go???

Lady Lawson said...

WOW! Time flies huh?! I love the school bus pic - that'a classic! The bus driver probably had to sit and wait for Moms to take pictures all day - LOL! Great pics! Nice that you'll have some "ME" time in the middle of the day! ENJOY!

Anonymous said...

He's so cute! He is going to be a heart breaker- actually he probably already is!

Kaarina said...

Funny, no matter how many kids you send off to Kindergarten, it is still so hard! He looks so cute. What a sweet little guy.

mommyoffour said...

what a cute kid! I hope he loves kindergarten!

PartyOfFour said...

I am so behind!

Your new family room looks awesome, love the color! Can't wait to see it all done up, how exciting for you guys!

This little guy is so handsome! I absolutely LOVE how you drove behind the school bus to be there for photos, tears, etc...such dedication!

Beautiful family you have!

Amber! said...

How fun! I don't blame you getting teary eyed...I imagine I will do the same next year. It is such a big step!

Unknown said...

i still remember when he was born, I can't believe he is already in school!!! Are WE really getting that old??? :)