Saturday, July 19, 2008

Basement

In January or February (I can't remember), Jordan decided that it was time to finish our basement. I was excited. His goal was to finish in time to have his birthday party, Sept. 7, in the basement. I still don't know if we will make it by then, but it doesn't matter because we will be in Disneyland that day anyway!!! (Remember, it's a secret from the kids!) But the guy that bought our old house is coming on Monday to start on the drywall!! I am thrilled. We have picked out the carpet and thinking about paint colors, which is a tough decision! For me anyway! We haven't taken ANY pictures of the process until now but I am excited to share the ones we have! Jordan has been working really hard and it looks great.


The playroom
Madison's bedroom (She swears that she will move down there, but we will see. It's either that or share a room with Tanner)
Bathroom, pre-plumbing
Family room. This will be the best part!
Family room from another angle

Fireplace in the family room
Looking towards the bathroom from the playroom
The bathroom after the plumber came and installed the tub and pipes!

4 comments:

Aubrey said...

Yea I am so excited for you guys, it is coming right along. You should make it by September. I cant wait to see it.

mommyoffour said...

It's lookin' good!! I am sure you are anxious to have it done! Basements are the best!

Becky and Bryce said...

Looks really good. You guys have done an awesome job. It's the best thing ever to have the basement finished. (think of all that space, what are you to do?)

Lady Lawson said...

Great job Jordan!!! WOW! That will be so nice to have that extra space...you may only go upstairs to cook and sleep!