Monday, July 21, 2008

Recovering...

I was able to spend the whole day today "helping" (well, more like hanging out with) Kim at the hospital. (Thanks Jordan, for taking the day off so I could do this. It was very important to me.) Her family members that weren't watching the kids were working so I volunteered to come sit with her. I don't like to be alone for very long during the day at the hospital because it can get kind of boring, so I thought she may feel the same way. Plus, she needed help out of bed and on her "walks" around the hospital. I was thrilled that they took me up on my offer, because I feel like I haven't been much help so far!

She is doing pretty well. I think she will come home either tomorrow night or Wednesday morning. I am so proud of her. I NEVER hear her complain and I know that she is in a lot of pain. She always has a smile on her face. It's great! She did two mini-laps around the floor today and didn't even get nauseous. She did wonderfully. She also has started on clear liquids, so that's one more step toward coming home. She did struggle with a "nasty nurse", but after that one left she got an angel nurse that took her place. She was awesome! It was great because Kim needed that! I even stopped by to thank the nurse one more time before I left to come home tonight. She really brightened Kim's day, and I think she deserves the BEST nurses around because of what she has done!!

I just wanted to give a little update on Kim's condition because I know you all have been concerned and praying for her this weekend. Those prayers have helped. Thank you!

5 comments:

Lady Lawson said...

Glad to know that she is doing well!!! Amazing!

Jenny said...

I am so glad you got to go be with her yesterday! That was a nice thing to do and I am so proud of Kim for being so selfless. Surgery is not fun and we are praying for her to have a fast recovery. It sounds like she is doing great and that is awesome! Tell her we miss her and we are thinking about her. O Beck boy says "hi den". :)

Kaarina said...

Kim is absolutley amazing. I have so much love and respect for her. She is a truly selfless person. I am so glad that she is doing better!

Holly Strong said...

Hi Jenny,

Just thought I'd say HI! Ali posted on my blog and so I of-course had to check out yours and Amy's!!! We should get together soon, email me addisonsmommy@gmail.com

Holly Strong (Davis' wife)

Monica said...

I'm glad we could spend some time with you and your family on the Green River! It was so much fun!