Thursday, July 17, 2008

Selfless...

I asked Kim if I could share this and she told me it was OK...



One of my best friends, Kim, is doing something amazing and selfless tomorrow. She is giving one of our ward members her kidney. When I heard she was going to try to do it I thought, that's cool. Then she told me that she was a total match and that it was between her and one other guy (also from our ward) and it just depended on when the recipient needed it because she could only do it this month and the other donor could only do it in August or September. So when his kidney function got worse, she was the one. I am so amazed by her decision. It's good to know that there are people in this world who do things like this. I am so lucky to call her a friend. I know that if I ever need anything, she is right there for me and my family. We get along like we are sisters, in fact people always ask if we are and I would be lucky to have her as my sister. I hope and pray that everything goes smoothly tomorrow. I will be anxiously waiting for the phone call to say that she is out of surgery and everything went well. I know she and her family could use as many prayers as possible so they can feel comforted. I love ya, Kim and I hope you have a speedy recovery. You have to feel good enough to go get our "Breaking Dawn" book at midnight on Aug.2!! I know I have told you this a million times, but if you need ANYTHING I will be there in a heartbeat! Good luck and we will be praying for you!

7 comments:

Lady Lawson said...

Dear Lord Jesus Christ. Please hear our prayer. We ask you to be present with Kim, your servant, during her upcoming surgery. Bless her with faith in your loving kindness and protection. Provide the doctors with alertness and skill so that the surgery will help her to a speedy recovery and to health and strength. We say these things in your name.
Amen.

Valerie said...

That is so neat she would do that for this other person! That is sooo selfless! I do hope all goes well!

Damon's sister gave their brother one of her kidneys. She felt worse after it (recovering) and he felt tons better immediately! They are both doing great - I think it's been about 4 years ago.

Aubrey said...

Like I have said before, she is amazing and selfless to want to go through with this. I cant wait to hear how everything goes, and her and her family will deffinatly be in our prayers.

kimberly said...

I LOVE YOU TOO!! Thank you for everything. You are the best best friend a person could ever hope for.

Cassie said...

Tears, huge tears running down my face. Kim is an amazing person. Such a precious gift she's giving...

mommyoffour said...

I agree, this is a very amazing and selfless thing to do. Thanks ahead of time for keeping us updated.

Samantha said...

She really is amazing! What a neat opportunity to give the gift of life. Or at least the gift of a better life. I'm sure they will always share a very special bond.